Tuesday, June 22, 2010

#9 Library Feed from Merlin or Ah! For the good old WANG days (sigh).

My search in MERLIN turned up several Blogs I'd like to follow.  Unfortunately, they did not all have a current link, etc.  However, I did find a live link to Howard County blog for book clubs.  http://www.hclibrary.org/highlyrecommended/?p=10598

Take a look.

At this point, I'm supposed to blog about something technology related that interest me. Finally! An easy one.

What has been of interest to me, technology wise, is downloading on CD's. Unbelievable as it may seem, after years of working with my computer and the computer on the job, I am just now getting around to trying to learn to save information onto CD disc to make room on my hard drive.

From the amount of CDs my youngest son owns, I imagine that downloading documents/music to CDs must be easy as pie, but I never learned it. I went to my supervisor, Frank Sun, asking for a CD, but he didn't have one. He said that he could teach me to take e-mails out of my e-mail box and place them in an archive folders, which would keep me from getting "Your Mail Box is Full" messages all the time.  So I actually learned to  download in Archive, while in e-mail.  While, I guess e-mail archiving qualifies as "technology", and I wanted to learn how to download anyway, so . . . I'll learn CD downloading another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment