Monday, June 28, 2010

Thing # 11 - Library Thing

I have just discovered LIBRARY THING!  It's a wonderful idea.  It actually will catalog my books for me.  All I have to do is insert my books.  Then it will tell me about people who have a collection similar to mine.  Imagine!  I can also tag the books I insert with my own tags, so I can find what I'm  looking for in my collection based on how I see it.  For example, I can look up the tag "Girlfriends" and the drop down will turn up Sula by Toni Morrison among others with the same tag.  I can even catalog the books I've read, but don't own.  The books can be displayed by cover picture and there are all sorts of features.  I'm too excited.  It will take me weeks to log all my books in, but when I'm done.  I've got a catalog of my own books.  How cool is that!  I wonder how long it will take me to insert IN SEARCH OF NELLA LARSON?

No comments:

Post a Comment